[EM] javascript implementations
Pareto Man
2018-10-20 17:31:01 UTC
Are there javascript implementations of the election methods you guys talk
about? Let me know. I can put them on my demo.
Paretoman
Kristofer Munsterhjelm
2018-10-21 19:20:38 UTC
Post by Pareto Man
Are there javascript implementations of the election methods you guys
talk about?  Let me know.  I can put them on my demo.
You can find some at https://www.cse.wustl.edu/~legrand/rbvote/calc.html
Note that the Condorcet methods there use margins.
----
Pareto Man
2018-10-26 02:45:27 UTC
Thanks Kristofer,

They're now in the demo. Just click on RBVote.
https://paretoman.github.io/ballot/sandbox/

Check out the yee diagrams. Click on the buttons at the bottom. (note they
are a little laggy)

Hmm, I need to work on my implementations of schulze and ranked pair
because they are different than Rob's at
https://cse.wustl.edu/~legrand/rbvote/calc.html

I also rehosted Rob's site at
https://paretoman.github.io/ballot/rbvote/calc.html with some changes so
that I could put my code in.

Paretoman
Brian Olson
2018-10-26 19:16:18 UTC
That's pretty cool!
Now I want to add a couple more election algorithms and tinker with it. Is
there a public source repository or should I just scrape the website? ;-)

/Brian
Post by Pareto Man
Thanks Kristofer,
They're now in the demo. Just click on RBVote.
https://paretoman.github.io/ballot/sandbox/
Check out the yee diagrams. Click on the buttons at the bottom. (note
they are a little laggy)
Hmm, I need to work on my implementations of schulze and ranked pair
because they are different than Rob's at
https://cse.wustl.edu/~legrand/rbvote/calc.html
I also rehosted Rob's site at
https://paretoman.github.io/ballot/rbvote/calc.html with some changes so
that I could put my code in.
Paretoman
Pareto Man
2018-10-27 14:41:22 UTC
Hi Brian,

There is a source repository here: https://github.com/paretoman/ballot

For all interested, the tools I use to program the demo are as follows
(maybe I should make a readme): I use vscode as an editor and debugger
(using Debugger for Chrome extension). I use python simpleserver to start
a local web host (installed through Anaconda). I launch chrome via vscode
and then attach to chrome via vscode - great for debugging and inspecting
variables.

Contributions so far come from Nicky Case, Jameson Quinn, Rob Legrand, and
I.

Paretoman